Say Good-Bye to Acne & Dry Skin....And Hello to Healthy Skin!
Aspirin contains salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid that helps to slough off dead cells and clear clogged pores and reduce production of skin oil. This D.Y.I. facial mask makes great use of aspirin's skin-clearing abilities as well as honey's moisturizing effect. I'm a lush for aspirin because it clears my gawd awful migraines and headaches, so I'm tempted to see how this facial will work on my sensitive skin! Since aspirin is an acid, it shouldn't be used too often because it can irritate skin, so be careful. Its recommended that you do this facial treatment 2-3 times a week, but that depends on your skins sensitivity. If you are allergic to aspirin DO NOT USE THIS FACIAL MASK! Got it? Get it? Good!
1. Take 3 - 4 uncoated aspirin pills and place on a small plate.
2. Sprinkle several drops of water on them, just enough to make them start to dissolve. They should dissolve right before your eyes. Use your fingers to help break down the aspirin more. It should be grainy & slightly wet.
3. Squirt about 2 drops of honey on the water & aspirin. Use your fingers to mix them all together into a grainy paste.
4. Apply the mixture all over your face, avoiding the eye area.
5. Leave on for 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Add some warm water to your face with your hands & scrub gently for a few minutes.
7. Finally, rinse off completely & use your favorite toner & moisturizer.
via: Style Dossier