Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
At 24 years old Derrick has always WOW'd the crowd with his refreshingly cool look. Always a leader and NEVER a follower..He is today's Stylin On You STAR!
Derrick likes to describe his style as "Casual, crisp, and most of ALL tailored. I can take the most ordinary piece and make it look expensive, you've got to have the RIGHT tailor."
Derrick's overall look is unpredictable and very unique for our generation! You've got to LOVE a man who takes pride in the way he looks....
If you ask him about his style influences and icons he says, " I'm influenced when I mix old clothing with new clothing [vintage shopping]. When I watch 1950 or 1960s movies I feel inspired to mix it with my own style, especially in my generation."
According to Derrick he thinks of himself as the typical "Paul Newman meets Kanye West" kind of guy! What's NOT love about that?????
His iSTYLE iLIVE iDIE for quote is:
"LOOK Sharp + LIVE Smart"
......I love that quote! Smart is very SEXY! I hope all my Male Readers are taking notes *pen and paper*...
So what does STYLE & GRACE mean to Derrick?
"Confidence...without it the most expensive outfit is a lackluster! Confidence can turn a Hanes V-Neck shirt into a Red Carpet moment"
WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER MICHAEL JACKSON.....
• 1½ oz. Ketel One Citroen
• 1 oz. Pama pomegranate juice
• ½ oz. Cointreau liqueur
• Splash of pineapple juice
Combine all ingredients with ice in a shaker, shake, strain into a martini glass and serve.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Over sized purse is necessary! You can fit your life in those things and they are a life saver. Trust me, I know.
- Bring your calendar just so you can keep track of the events you have to attend or business matters. My calendar doesn't leave my side *joined at my hip*
- Don't forget your camera!!!! Precious moments need to be remembered
- Travel size toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash & mints always! I DON'T chew gum! Eww
- Reading materials is necessary for keeping you entertained. Can't leave home without a gossip magazine or inspirational novel!
- Cosmetics bag filled with the bare essentials-lip balm/gloss/stick, mirror, blush, mascara & concealer.
- Keep the on-lookers out your face with your fashionable sunglasses! Sometimes you need the "DO NOT DISTURB" lenses on! ; )
- Feminine wipes, I recommend Summer's Eve! Stay Fresh!
- Scarf or jacket just in case the plane, bus, train or whatever your means of transportation becomes rigid.
- Mini snack-chips, pretzels or cookies! My bestfriend always has this so I never have to bring them. LOL
+ Truth and Confidence are the roots of Happiness +
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Where: Rooftop - Kalorama Lofts 1700 Kalorama Rd. NW
When: Sunday, June 27, 4-8pm
$10 All Included. All proceeds will go directly to helping them print their next issue.
To purchase tickets visit
Monday, June 21, 2010
Meet Reggie Black from the hip and trendy Black Collection. His creative skills and "INDIVIDUAL" approach to urban culture is a force to be wrecking with. Check out the rest of his collection here: http://www.blkcollection.com/
I had the chance to meet an awesome designer by the name of Amber Ja'ski. She designs rugs and art since 2005. Her work is incredible and she is very talented. Be sure to check out her fashionable collection here: http://www.jafeldesign.com/
From left to right: Candace, Kimesha, Lynice & Kimberly
I would like to introduce you to my client Ms. Maryland Globe 2010, Tiffany Parker.
Always great to see her out and about! xoxo
Myself along with Vintage Boutique Owner Lynice Williams.
STILL looking for vintage? Check her out here: www.facebook/DMVntage
If your looking to save money at the gas tank check out http://beatthepump.goxft.com/
Great meeting the team of Syntek Global!
Also, I had the pleasure of meeting a fashionable girl with a beautiful spirit by the name of Desiree. Check out her fashion movement: http://www.narcissism.bigcartel.com/
I hope you had an AWESOME weekend and ready to get this Summer kickin'. I'm having the time of my life & I truly grateful for ALL that's happening *praise break*..Anyways, check out this haute editorial in V Magazine's V53 "In Your Dreams" featuring designers Lily Donaldson, Jessica Stam & Doutzen Kroes by Sebastian Faena.